Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bright Blue Sky

The Skies of my home, the bright blue expanse, inviting, accepting, the bright sun basking the broad green covered land in warmth, in serenity, from mountaintop to valley, this sight, one most pure, one most nostalgic, one where we said goodbye.  'I will wait for you' she said, 'I will be here, as long as it takes'.  These were days I could never get back.  Though memories may stay rooted in place, caught up in the underside of the world, time, and life itself, moves forward, steadily, hungrily, ravening ever toward some unknown goal, some sight we can not yet perceive, and maybe this is what is for the best.  Should we see this sight, would we gain the enlightenment we seek, would we cringe at the sight of a visage that we once adored, loved even, the face....of fate?  The grand wheel of life spins, and once shall come 'round again, until all we know, is only what we knew.  Were fate a person, surely he would be despised by the world, hated, cast out....but we adore, love, and even worship this enigmatic foe.  This is my story, of the past I cling to, of the life I once knew, no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment